Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Experimenting With Bleaching & Dying Miniature Trees Take One

It worked, it totally worked! I soaked the first batch in half bleach and half very hot tap water. The color came out almost immediately. I wanted these to be really white so I left them to soak over night. They rusted. So this afternoon I put three more in the same solution for 30 minutes and pushed them around with an old plastic utensil to help the color and snow dissolve off. Much better result. I rinsed in cool tap water really well. Shake off the excess water fluffed them. Now I am just waiting on them to dry before I play with Easter and cake dyes.














1 comment:

Dlsarmywife said...

That is so cool!!! I will definitely be looking for them after Christmas. Hopefully I can get a bunch super cheap! I can't wait to see what you do with yours. =D

metatag